Your app can be easily overlooked among the thousands of others in the Google Play Store as it is a competitive marketplace. Obviously, creating an effective, trustworthy app is extremely important to achieve your goals. But the actions you take on how to present this app in the Google Play store are equally important. That’s where Google Play Store Optimization plays a vital role.
ASO is the procedure of increasing an app’s prominence in app stores over the time, if you are intending to boost app installs. Even though the App Store and Google Play perform the very same primary objective, they differ in terms of functionalities, metadata rankings, and search engines. It would help if you became acquainted with Google’s criteria and needs to improve your app’s visibility on Google Play and apply ASO to make it more accessible to visitors.
Here you can learn about the most excellent ASO techniques on Google Play, from optimizing your description to doing A/B testing to raise your conversion rate (CVR).
Following are the Google play ranking factors
1.Metadata optimization is essential in Google play: The systematic pattern of the indexing defines the integration to each of the keywords employed in the metadata that includes title, short description, and long description. The title’s keywords carry the highest weight compared to the short and long descriptions. Your keyword-based marketing will take this into account when creating it for your application.
Crucial determinants are periodicity and intensity. In the metadata, you might target the primary keyword more than once, but be careful to use only one keyword as it is not suitable for app keyword ranking. It is essential to take into account Google’s changed metadata regulations. Google sincerely intends to “clean” the store of spamming messages, which makes it necessary for programmers to state the primary goal of their applications.
- App Title: Most ranking factors are dependent on the keywords in the app title, and Google Play supports up to 30 characters. In September 2021, it was shortened from 50 to 30 characters.
- Short Description: The 80 characters in the short description seem to be more essential than ever since app tiles only have a little space to work with. Because it has the next-highest importance after the title, it is a significant part for keyword targeting. Consider how your app differs from that of competitors while writing a short description, and concentrate there.
- Long Description: The long description is seen when users click on the tiny icon next to the short description. 4,000 characters are permitted in the long description, however, it is still essential to employ the keywords here strategically. Even though the majority of people won’t even read the long description, it still needs to be understandable and attractive enough for people to skim.
2.Tags from Google Play Store: You should make a decision wisely when it regards the Google Play store placement for your application. Exactly five tags can be utilized to describe an application listing, so pick them thoughtfully!
A question may arise in your mind: How Do I Determine Tags for the Google Play Store?
- Examine the suggested tags from Google Play to find the most appropriate ones.
- Select the tags that are related to your application.
- When selecting your tags, keep an eye on application accessibility and update
3.Creatives of Google play: An application listing’s creatives are an essential element. Listed below are some crucial details. Specifications and app optimization criteria can be found in this comprehensive guide on application creativity best practices.
- App Icon: The effectiveness of an application is significantly influenced by its creative elements, especially the application logo. This element severely impacts marketing, acquisition, and user engagement since it is one of the first components a user sees on your application page.
- Featured Graphics: The small image that appears above your video is the highlight graphic. If your store page comprises a video, the featured representation dominates the mobile display, which makes it a significant conversion resource.
- Preview Video: Each app on Google Play is provided with the option to include one video, which will be displayed at the top of the screenshot gallery on the product detail page. The images and the video should complement one another and showcase the tone of the store’s graphics.
- Screenshots: The competitive value offerings of your application can be clearly explained through the screenshots of your application. To avoid relying entirely on words, you must try to integrate visual elements to create a narrative.
4.A/B Testing on Google Play: You can test the app icon, featured image, screenshots, preview video, short description, long description, by creating different test variants of these.
You can run experiments on your main store listing or on custom store listings by creating up to 3 variants of the store elements, to help find the best variant of your store listings’ graphics and texts that will help increase the installs and retention. You can run one default graphics experiment or up to five localized experiments at the same time.
Here are some ideas for enhancing overall effectiveness since the metadata and graphical elements are crucial for app’s downloads:
- According to a study, you should still check your app for seven days after successfully launching it. This permits you to examine multiple users’ habits. For instance, customers install more applications during the weekends but remove them more frequently, which could result in decreased loyalty.
- Refrain from examining newly acquired assets. Alternatively, create a powerful premise and test each module separately to understand user preferences and expectations.
- Avoid testing globally. You’ll be astonished at the variations in usage patterns across nations.
5.Maximize installations: Like the Google Play Store utilizes installations as an indication to rank your application better in the results, increasing app installs must be a top focus in your ASO program. The most straightforward approach to getting more installs is to improve your app by taking user reviews into account, delivering frequent updates, and correcting bugs.
ASO has a diverse set of techniques and aso strategy when it comes to enhancing an app’s organic effectiveness in the Google Play app store. The trick is figuring out exactly how to put everything together to produce decent improvement. Through simple yet effective ASO strategies, an application on Google Play Store can rank higher and attract the right individuals, resulting in higher customer satisfaction.